Indenting here documents (was Re: [ANN] Vim/Ruby Configuration Files, 2005.10.05)

Hugh Sasse hgs at dmu.ac.uk
Wed Oct 12 10:38:23 EDT 2005

On Wed, 12 Oct 2005, Doug Kearns wrote:

> On Wed, Oct 12, 2005 at 02:05:19PM +0100, Hugh Sasse wrote:

> > > Problem with regular expressions and syntax group names (fixed in CVS)
> > > (Fuck, I forgot to update the ChangeLog again...),
> > >         nikolai
> >
> > Thank you for this.  Can we get this into the 6.4 distro, please?
>
> Is this fixed for you Hugh? I'm still getting the EOF indented...

It is working for me in so far as it will leave the EOF where I put
it.  If it starts out (incorrectly) indented it will remain indented. If
everything is left-justified (all lines start in column 1 (pausing
only to fend off a FORTRAN programmer!)) then the EOF and the quoted
text gets left in column 1 and the rest gets indented correctly.  Of
course, it would be lovely if it were able to figure out, with
reference to the << and the <<- what should actually happen, but
this is much better than before because indenting doesn't break
stuff that works.  Since I can't figure out how to do the ideal,
this is enough to make me happy.

> Regards,
> Doug
        Thank you,