Default eRuby compiler makeprg

Doug Kearns dougkearns at gmail.com
Wed Sep 21 09:23:50 EDT 2005

On Wed, Sep 21, 2005 at 10:20:17AM +0100, Hugh Sasse wrote:
> On Wed, 21 Sep 2005, Doug Kearns wrote:
>
> > What should the default eRuby compiler plugin 'makeprg' be - eruby or
> > erb?
> >
> > I'm leaning towards erb because it's included with standard Ruby
> > distribution but I have no idea which is more commonly used...
>
> I see no advantage in the other direction, so I'd say erb also....

OK. I've also changed the 'efm' format to use basically the same one as
ruby since people seem happy enough with the way that works. I've also
added a ruby_compiler variable which you can set to "eruby" if you want
to use that for 'makprg'. It's debatable whether this is simpler than
just adding the relevant line to ~/.vim/after/compiler ;-)

Thanks,