PATCH: installer source directory detection (was Re: The installer again -- further tests.)

Hugh Sasse hgs at dmu.ac.uk
Wed Jul 6 11:33:12 EDT 2005

I've just got the CVS tarball and tried to install it.

E:\Downloads\vim-ruby\vim-ruby\bin>vim-ruby-install.rb
E:/Downloads/vim-ruby/vim-ruby/bin/vim-ruby-install.rb:375: Can't find source di
rectory (RuntimeError)

E:\Downloads\vim-ruby\vim-ruby\bin>cd ..

E:\Downloads\vim-ruby\vim-ruby>.\bin\vim-ruby-install.rb
E:/Downloads/vim-ruby/vim-ruby/bin/vim-ruby-install.rb:375: Can't find source di
rectory (RuntimeError)

E:\Downloads\vim-ruby\vim-ruby>

running rake on the Rakefile didn't create the gem -- it didn't
"know" how to make Default.  Since it looked like a gemspec file I
just executed it instead of passing it to rake, but it produced
nothing.  thus I can's seem to get a gem out of the CVS tarball to
proceed that way either.

         Hugh