<CR> makes fold get created an closed in insert mode

Adeodato Simó asp16 at alu.ua.es
Thu Apr 28 21:03:17 EDT 2005

Hi!

  I'm new on the list, though I've been using the various ruby.vim files
  for a time now. :)

  I just discovered today that syntax/ruby.vim has support for folding,
  and I'm giving it a try (I had a hand-made function for this before).
  Anyway, I'm experiencing a weird problem, can anybody reproduce?: With
  foldmethod=syntax, vim something.rb, enter insert mode, and write
  begin<RET>. For me, that immediately creates a two-line fold and
  closes it.

  The odd thing is that it only happens if the "begin<RET>" is written
  in the last line of the file (i.e., there are no more lines after it).
  If e.g. there is a blank line there, it doesn't happen.

  It can be worked around by always having a blank line at the end, but
  it'd be nice to have this fixed.

  Thanks!

--
Adeodato Simó
    EM: asp16 [ykwim] alu.ua.es | PK: DA6AE621

We may not return the affection of those who like us, but we always
respect their good judgement.