eruby and vim: rhtml

Gavin Sinclair gsinclair at
Fri Mar 25 07:39:18 EST 2005

On Friday, March 25, 2005, 8:31:35 PM, Tilman wrote:

>> > Sure you can! Search the scripts section on for "eruby.vim" :)
>> I tried that and didn't see any improvement after installing it.  Is
>> there some trick I've missed?

> You either need to set the syntax to "eruby" manually [...]

When I do that, the strings <%, <%=, and %> get highlighted with a
yellow background, as if they're errors or something.  Do you get a
similar effect?

BTW, did you know that eruby files can be marked up more simply?

    % for name in names
      %= name
    % end

Something like that anyway.  Much nicer to my eyes, but rarely seen.
It requires a special flag to eruby.