AMarshal and Vim

Hugh Sasse Staff Elec Eng hgs at
Fri Dec 17 09:34:24 EST 2004

On Sat, 18 Dec 2004, Doug Kearns wrote:

> On Fri, Dec 17, 2004 at 02:00:34PM +0000, Hugh Sasse Staff Elec Eng wrote:
> <snip>
>> Oh, the reason I haven't got the latest is the install problems I
>> reported to the list before now, so this didn't get installed
>> before the install process died.
> Was that fixed? I didn't spot anything in the ChangeLog.

Don't think the bug was located.  If I can get more information
about it I would be happy to do so, but further to what I have
posted already I don't  know what to supply.

>> Erm, right.... Overwritten the syntax file with one from 20-SEP-2004
>> and it is working now.  Thanks.  So I'm just left with the problem
>> in Amarshal.dump_call defined in amarshal.rb.
> Yes, this is part of a larger problem with interpolation; I'll have a
> look at it over the weekend.

Thank you.  It may not even be reparable: it would depend on Vim
processing strings and #{} sections in exactly the same way as Ruby,
which given that vim must support many languages may result on one
or two not working.