Fwd: vim-ruby-devel added to Gmane

Gavin Sinclair gsinclair at soyabean.com.au
Tue Nov 16 18:25:31 EST 2004

FYI,

This list is on GMANE now, which is good.  At least I think it's on
there; the email below seems to imply it's opt-out, meaning I don't
have to do anything to accept it.  Also, the administrator for this
list on GMANE has subscribed to this list.

This bit was interesting:

> If you wish to import older archives into Gmane, send a message to
> the Gmane administrators with the URL of a Unix mbox archive of the
> mailing list.

If anyone knows how to do this with Mailman, I'm happy to accept
advice.

Cheers,
Gavin

We have  received a request for  adding the vim-ruby-devel at rubyforge.org
mailing list  to the Gmane mail-to-news  gateway/archive. A subscription
request  message has  been sent.  If this  is contrary  to  your wishes,
please send  a mail to admin at gmane.org  saying so, and the  list will be
removed from Gmane.

Gmane is a mail-to-news portal that never expires its messages.  It
therefore also functions as a mailing list archive.  It's a
bi-directional gateway, but Gmane verifies that its users' email
addresses are valid before passing the messages through the
news-to-mail gateway.  (Groups can also be made "read-only", which
means that Gmane won't forward any messages at all to the mailing
list.)

Gmane can encrypt addresses to make address harvesting difficult, and
heeds X-No-Archive and related headers.

If you wish to import older archives into Gmane, send a message to
the Gmane administrators with the URL of a Unix mbox archive of the
mailing list.

The following parameters are set for this mailing list:

    * Newsgroup name: gmane.comp.editors.vim.vim-ruby.devel
    * Mailing list address: vim-ruby-devel at rubyforge.org
    * The gateway is bi-directional
    * Address encryption is off
    * Spam detection is on
    * The list is described as:
      "Development and project management of the vim-ruby project. All welcome."
    * News URL: news://news.gmane.org/gmane.comp.editors.vim.vim-ruby.devel
    * Web URL: http://news.gmane.org/gmane.comp.editors.vim.vim-ruby.devel

This newsgroup will be created when the first message from the
mailing list arrives.

For more information about the Gmane project, go to

This request was handled by
nbareil at shibby.priv.mouarf.org (Nicolas Bareil).