PATCH: added new Test::Unit compiler plugin

Sam Roberts sroberts at uniserve.com
Sat May 1 13:00:03 EDT 2004

Quoteing djkea2 at mugca.its.monash.edu.au, on Sat, May 01, 2004 at 03:57:44PM +1000:
> On Fri, Apr 30, 2004 at 11:16:45PM -0400, Sam Roberts wrote:
> Can't you just have something like:
>
> -- Makefile --
> test:
>         ruby test_vim.rb
> --------------
>
> % make test

That's exactly what I do, except I run make from inside vim, and your
rubyunit.vim sets makeprg=ruby, and I want makeprg to be make, the
genuine article!

> You might also be interested in rake.rubyforge.org.

Not even a little bit... make is a great tool, I don't believe that
every tool would be better if written in ruby.

And:

rule '.o' => ['.c'] do |t|
  sh "cc #{t.source} -c -o #{t.name}"
end

appears no simpler than

%.o: %.c
  cc -c -o $<

to my eyes. Maybe I should squint harder. :-)

Cheers,
Sam