PATCH: added new Test::Unit compiler plugin

Doug Kearns djkea2 at
Sat May 1 01:57:44 EDT 2004

On Fri, Apr 30, 2004 at 11:16:45PM -0400, Sam Roberts wrote:

> Ok, I can't reproduce the jump to random lines (in a small example), but
> I found one thing, if the test fails because an exception was thrown
> from the code being tested, then you don't get to that line.

> And I can see the output in the err window, but I can't get to any of
> the lines in the test_internal(), just the assert_equal for
> test_external().

It currently only parses the Failure messages - I'll add to the
errorformat so that it will parse the Error messages too. However, I
probably won't get to it until late next week.
> I hope I don't sound like I'm whining to you about your unit-test code,
> I'm just struggling to get vim working for me!

Not at all! I'm glad someone finds it _potentially_ useful. :-) As I
said when I posted it to the list, it's just a start.

> Also, how could I modify the test/unit so that I can run my tests with
> make?

Can't you just have something like:

-- Makefile --
        ruby test_vim.rb

% make test

Sorry if I've missed the point. You might also be interested in