PATCH: added new Test::Unit compiler plugin

Sam Roberts sroberts at
Wed Apr 21 19:42:36 EDT 2004

Quoteing djkea2 at, on Wed, Apr 07, 2004 at 11:29:03AM +1000:
> On Tue, Apr 06, 2004 at 12:23:18PM -0400, Sam Roberts wrote:
> > Wrote Doug Kearns <djkea2 at>, on Tue, Apr 06, 2004 at 11:54:41PM +1000:
> > >
> > > Any feedback on this would be appreciated.
> >
> > I've wanted this for a while, how do I install it?
> Stick it somewhere in your runtimepath, such as $HOME/.vim on Unix or
> $HOME/vimfiles on Win32. Then type,

I put it in ~/.vim/compiler

It's not working for me, I get taken to a seemingly random line.

I did this:

> :compiler rubyunit
> :make mytests.rb

I also do:

> :make % | :cwin

> :cwin

Neither of them show me a quickfix window with any errors.

Any suggestions on what I'm doing wrong, what anything I can do to give
you an idea what's happening?

I'm really used to being able to run my tests from make inside vim, its
quite painful to go back to running them in a seperate terminal when I'm
doing ruby stuff. And ruby isn't supposed to be painful. :-)