Syntax highlighting again.

Hugh Sasse Staff Elec Eng hgs at dmu.ac.uk
Fri Apr 16 17:24:59 EDT 2004

On Sat, 17 Apr 2004, Doug Kearns wrote:

> On Fri, Apr 16, 2004 at 03:02:58PM +0100, Hugh Sasse Staff Elec Eng wrote:
> > I've been having more fun with the syntax highlighting in glark.
> > I have reduced this to a small case, here gzipped and base64
> > encoded, for brevity, and preservation of whitespace:
>
> <snip>
>
> > The "end" of ANSIColor.make_code is not matched properly although the
> > syntax is picked up as being ruby AFAICS.  Any ideas what is happening
> > here?
>
> Fun and games mate, fun and games...

Yes, I found myself wishing there were commands to report pertinent
information by topic, so it would display collections of settings
for syntax, for example....

> I'll have a better look sometime in the next few days but try copying
> the file foo to foo.rb, open the both and bounce between them with
> CTRL-^

How do I set the alternative filename thing?  I thought if I gave
it:
vim syntax2 syntax2.rb
it would pick these up, but apparently not.  I've never noticed
cttl-^ before...

> There's obviously something wrong with the filetype detection, maybe a
> bug in vim?

Not sure how to get vim to tell me its patchlevel:
VIM - Vi IMproved 6.2 (2003 Jun 1, compiled Jun 17 2003 18:41:17)
isn't what I expected, and is only about 2 months behind the latest
I can see on the UK Vim Mirror....

> Doug

        Hugh