PATCH: added new Test::Unit compiler plugin

Sam Roberts sroberts at certicom.com
Tue Apr 6 13:23:18 EDT 2004

Wrote Doug Kearns <djkea2 at mugca.its.monash.edu.au>, on Tue, Apr 06, 2004 at 11:54:41PM +1000:
> On Thu, Apr 01, 2004 at 08:09:15PM +1000, Doug Kearns wrote:
> > This is a first cut at compiler plugin for Test::Unit that I've had lying
> > around for a long time - thought it might be an idea to commit it.
>
> Any feedback on this would be appreciated.

I've wanted this for a while, how do I install it?

>     assert_raise(Exception, "Exception should be raised") {}
>
> It is currently only trapping the user specified message as the efm
> error message.

I don't use those messages, and wouldn't ever, will this still work for
me?

I don't know the mechanism, but when compiling C code with vim I notice
that when I do :cn often a truncated message is all I see in the status
line.  If it wasn't enough, and I don't immediatly know what the problem
is, I find that doing :cc will print a longer, sometimes multi-line
message.

Does that description make sense? That would make me happy with ruby
test output, too. I do :cn, maybe I see nothing, but the editor took me
to the line, I can see from the line what it is testing. If I want to
know the specific values/detailed info, I do a :cc, and there it is.

What do you think?

Thanks,
Sam

--