<< is always here doc, never append.

Gavin Sinclair gsinclair at soyabean.com.au
Tue Apr 6 09:37:47 EDT 2004

Doug, as syntax maestro, could you please consider Hugh's email below?

Thanks,
Gavin

I don't know how to fix this, but it seems that << is always treated
as the start of a here document, even when it means append.  I don't
actually know how to figure this out programmatically anyway: one
could have a constant calle EOF and append that to something.

I've looked to see if I can crib something from Perl or possibly
Python, but nothing in the p*.vim looks likely.  Maybe
differentiating between
  /\<\<\s+/
and
  /\<\<\S+/