Windows and Email

Nikolai Weibull vim-ruby-devel-list at
Tue Oct 14 14:36:57 EDT 2003

* Gavin Sinclair <gsinclair at> [Oct, 14 2003 12:50]:
> I have nothing against that; I may even follow suit.  I doubt anyone
> here knows precisely how spam-harvesters work, but are they advanced
> enough to recognise "at" and "dot" yet?
Yeah, this I've wondered to, I mean, its not like it's going to cost
them much to try words that match a pattern like
or similar.  I mean, in the end the only real option is to use a lot of
aliases that you change when necessary.  One can only hope that the SMTP
protocol gets enhanced to not allow non-validated or
original-sender-doesnt-match/exist checking somehow.  Probably
impossible the way things work today.  And since the technology is so
extensively used it will soon become such a large undertaking that no
one will want to do it :-(.
By the way, are these emails being filtered to remove emails somehow?

::: page:  :: fun atm: gf,lps,ruby,lisp,war3 :::