How do you use CVS?

Gavin Sinclair gsinclair at soyabean.com.au
Tue Oct 14 09:13:26 EDT 2003

On Monday, October 13, 2003, 11:49:41 PM, Nikolai wrote:

> OK, I've been meaning to ask for quite some time now.  How do you store
> your files locally?  Right now I have the vim-ruby CVS tree in
> ~/src/cvs/vim-ruby/ and I play around with the files in ~/.vim/ and when
> done I copy them to the previous directory and commit.  This is rather
> stupid I feel, but I can't envision moving the CVS to ~/.vim/.  How do
> you do it?
>         nikolai

Are you sure you want to do that?  It doesn't sound stupid to me.
Perhaps you could replace your ~/.vim/indent/ruby.vim with a file that
sources ~/src/cvs/vim-ruby/indent/ruby.vim.

Anyway, if you really want to:

  $ cd ~
  $ cvs -z3 -d:ext:pcp at rubyforge.org:/var/cvs/vim-ruby co -d .vim modulename

Cheers,