PATCH: splitting the rubyInteger syntax group

Doug Kearns djkea2 at
Sat Sep 20 00:43:02 EDT 2003

On Fri, Sep 19, 2003 at 10:31:36PM +1000, Gavin Sinclair wrote:
> On Friday, September 19, 2003, 9:10:40 PM, Doug wrote:
> > Should the default be minimal highlighting?
> No.  Most people would want decent highlighting, wouldn't they?  The
> kind of person who curses the wasted CPU cycles is the kind of person
> who knows (or cares) how to turn it off ;)

If I could define 'decent' I could probably give you an answer. I've had
a reasonable amount of feedback similar to Nikolai's but not a lot from
users with the opposite point of view. This may, in fact, suggest that
you're correct.

$VIMRUNTIME/syntax/* is a free for all, although many are generally
conservative in what they enable by default - python.vim being the
extreme example.