PATCH: splitting the rubyInteger syntax group

Doug Kearns djkea2 at
Fri Sep 19 22:10:40 EDT 2003

On Thu, Sep 18, 2003 at 08:27:12PM +0200, Nikolai Weibull wrote:
> * Doug Kearns <djkea2 at> [Sep, 18 2003 17:10]:
> > I've split the rubyInteger syntax group into multiple groups -
> > rubyASCIICode, rubyHexadecimal, rubyDecimal, rubyOctal, and rubyBinary
> thank you, atleast for the ascii code split.  the others seem redundant
> ;-), but that's just me.  by the way, you haven't considered making it
> more lightweight by any chance? ;-)

I certainly have considered making it more configurable; what level of
granularity is desirable?

> I've made my own from an old one of
> yours, which basically only highlights def's, the @ in variables, global
You only highlight @var and @@var and note @var and @@var?

> variables, and keywords, strings, and comments.  this works fine for me.

I definitely think the 'identifiers' section needs to be broken up (see
an earlier thread).

> should we perhaps have both a 'do-it-all' and 'do-some' version?  and a
> global variable to allow selecting the one the users prefer?  like the
> old ruby_no_expensive variable,

Should the default be minimal highlighting?