Upcoming release

Gavin Sinclair gsinclair at soyabean.com.au
Thu Sep 18 01:25:20 EDT 2003

On Wednesday, September 17, 2003, 5:26:19 PM, Doug wrote:

> On Wed, Sep 17, 2003 at 01:56:22AM +1000, Gavin Sinclair wrote:
>> Guys,
>>
>> Since I've committed two fairly important new things: install.rb and
>> ftplugin/ruby, I think a new release is due pretty soon.

> Are leaving out some of Ned's ftplugin just to be conservative?

Yeah, it's my basic policy that personal preferences don't belong in a
system configuration file.  I didn't take a close look at his work,
though, so there may be some other extra-juicy stuff there.

I originally thought it might be a good idea to include all sorts of
personal ftplugin stuff in another file, so people could cut and paste
it as they wish (hey, we've got the distribution mechanism, let's use
it!).  However, I haven't given it a lot of thought since the project
was set up.

>> I'll work on install.rb to finish it off and test it, and I guess I'll
>> ask some other people to test it.  the ftplugin should be fine, but
>> I'll use it day to day and see how it goes.
>>
>> Anyone else got things to do befreo a release?  All that syntax stuff
>> you committed, Doug: is it release-ready?

> Well, in principle, the latest version should always be ready for at
> least a development release. However, a couple of days notice never
> hurts so if you could hold off until Monday I'll take a look over the
> weekend.

Of course, there's no hurry.  I guess we'll aim for a development
release next week sometime.

And about that "in principle" part, I asked Tom Copeland about CVS
snapshots.  Turns out they're implemented now, but not for John Q.
Random user, only for project admins.  That may change.

Gavin