Release (was Re: PATCH: $deferr and several more 'special' methods)

Gavin Sinclair gsinclair at soyabean.com.au
Tue Aug 26 10:30:39 EDT 2003

On Tuesday, August 26, 2003, 12:55:10 AM, Doug wrote:

> [...]

> What about the release policy, even if someone has to do it manually? Is
> generating releases time consuming? It's a serious question. :-)

It is time consuming.  I have a shell script (probably in CVS) that
tar.gz's all the files into "ruby-vim-latest.tar.gz" or something.  So
then I rename that to reflect the release date and upload it to
RubyForge.  I don't think you can automate the release on RubyForge
part, and I'm not even sure how to best use it.

But as for a stable release, I guess I'd just have to CVS update to
the "stable" tag before doing the above.

I'll look at a developers' release soon then, and make sure I get
matchit included.

Cheers,
Gavin