Release (was Re: PATCH: $deferr and several more 'special' methods)

Doug Kearns djkea2 at
Tue Aug 26 01:55:10 EDT 2003

On Mon, Aug 25, 2003 at 11:40:53PM +1000, Gavin Sinclair wrote:
> On Monday, August 25, 2003, 10:12:27 PM, Doug wrote:
> > On Mon, Aug 25, 2003 at 01:52:12AM +1000, Gavin Sinclair wrote:
> >> Cool.  I smell a release in the air.  Anything else you're working on?
> > Yes, lot's of things. :-)
> I mean in the syntax file ;)

Yeah, I mean in the syntax file too. I'm still resisting the urge to
rewrite it - just.
> >> Does this need much or any testing?
> > I was thinking it might be an idea to release a development version
> > every week in which there is activity. What do you think, could this be
> > easily automated?
> Shyeahh, I wish.  There's build.rb (I think) in the CVS, but it
> doesn't do anything yet.  Maybe not too hard, just haven't really
> thought about it.

What about the release policy, even if someone has to do it manually? Is
generating releases time consuming? It's a serious question. :-)