'Special' method highlighting

Doug Kearns djkea2 at mugca.its.monash.edu.au
Tue Aug 19 01:43:55 EDT 2003

I've received some suggestions that certain 'special' methods should be

For example we currently highlight include but not extend, and others
have suggested highlighting new, attr*, private, protected, public,
puts, (s)printf, p, exit etc.

I think this is the wrong way to go, and that since they're all simply
methods of Kernel, Class, Module or Object, they shouldn't be treated
any differently.

This would mean that we'd no longer highlight raise, fail, catch, throw,
require, include, load, loop, proc, lambda ...

Any thoughts?