CVS access issues

Tim Hammerquist tim+vim-ruby at
Wed Aug 13 11:54:38 EDT 2003

Tim Hammerquist wrote:
> > Otherwise, a quick email to Tom Copeland will sort it out,
> > I'm sure.
> I will experiment some more this evening.  If I don't have any
> success, I'll drop Tom a line.

I think what happened is this:

  - I checked out the module as anonymous using the pserver
  - I modified the file locally
  - updated local copy as authenticated developer
  - I tried to commit it as an auth dev

Obviously this didn't work.  After I did an 'rm -rf' of the local
repository, I did the following:

  - co w/ pubkey auth
  - modify file
  - ci w/ pubkey auth
  - verify on cvsweb: voila!

If this is common knowledge to CVS users, I apologize.

Thanks for the help!
Tim Hammerquist
You should never be cowed by authority.  Except, of course, in
this instance when I am clearly right and you are clearly wrong.
    -- Giles, "Buffy the Vampire Slayer"