CVS access issues

Tim Hammerquist tim+vim-ruby at vegeta.ath.cx
Wed Aug 13 02:43:32 EDT 2003

Hey all,

I noticed that all our source files in CVS have the URL
<http://vim-ruby.sourceforge.net>.  Maybe I'm wrong, but I have
<http://vim-ruby.rubyforge.org> bookmarked in my browser.

IAC, I attempted to fix the file itself via CVS and did fine,
logging in via SSH, fetching the module, and editing the file.
However, upon commiting the server informed me:

    cvs [server aborted]: "commit" requires write access to the repository

I checked the vim-ruby admin pages and I have CVS commit
permissions.  I am, however, very new to CVS (1 day, in fact), so
it's quite possibly user error.

If anyone has any information on this, please let me know.
Thanks!

Tim Hammerquist

(session overview follows)

% export CVSROOT=":ext:saiyix at rubyforge.org:/var/cvs/vim-ruby"
% cvs co vim-ruby
cvs server: Updating vim-ruby
U vim-ruby/README
U vim-ruby/build.rb
U vim-ruby/install.rb
cvs server: Updating vim-ruby/compiler
U vim-ruby/compiler/ruby.vim
cvs server: Updating vim-ruby/ftplugin
U vim-ruby/ftplugin/ruby.vim
cvs server: Updating vim-ruby/indent
U vim-ruby/indent/ruby.vim
cvs server: Updating vim-ruby/syntax
U vim-ruby/syntax/ruby.vim
% ls
vim-ruby
[...editing...]
% cvs commit -m "..." vim-ruby/compiler/ruby.vim
cvs [server aborted]: "commit" requires write access to the repository

--
Usenet is a lousy way to get quick service.
It's even worse if you want quick and *correct* answers.