[holy ruby programmers batman!] svn access / next release

Markus Prinz markus.prinz at qsig.org
Wed Jan 2 18:51:24 EST 2008

On 03.01.2008, at 00:36, Markus Prinz wrote:
>> 2) Why git over svn?
>
> There are already a great many blogposts about this, so I'm just going
> to link[0] to them, but personally I'm using it because:
> .) It's distributed. That means there is no central server like in
> Subversion, where everybody has to commit to (and update from)[1].
> Instead, what Subversion would call a working copy is a complete clone
> of the repository. This means you can commit (push in dvcs-lingo) your
> changes against your local repo, and when your feature is done, you do
> one huge push to commit everything to the official repo.

I forgot to add: Since every Working Copy is also a Repo, you can also
push changes to other developers without involving the public server
at all, which is very handy when developing a feature together with a
bunch of other people (DVCS work sort of like Peer2Peer-Systems).

regards, Markus

PS: What about the IRC channel? :)