[holy ruby programmers batman!] svn access / next release

Giles Bowkett gilesb at gmail.com
Wed Jan 2 14:56:38 EST 2008

On 1/2/08, Tim Connor <timocratic at gmail.com> wrote:
> On Jan 2, 2008 11:29 AM, Markus Prinz <markus.prinz at qsig.org> wrote:
> > True. And I already use git. But I do not know wether it's possible to
> > make a git branch show up in the svn-branches directory as well (so
> > that others can review the branch/changes).
> I'm pretty sure you can track remote svn branches and push to them.
> I'm still trying to figure out how to handle complex svn trees with
> git's totally different approach.  Dunno that Giles wants all that
> complexity, either which way.  And there is good old svn smerge.
> Isn't there a way to tag gem releases or something in RF, though?
> Just develop on trunk and then tag point releases?

I have no idea. You guys lost me at branch. As long as I can check
out, check in, commit, log, and blame, I'm happy. In practical terms
the only difference to end users is gem install utility_belt and we're
talking about a pretty small project. If someone wants to build a
nifty hook I'm happy to use git, otherwise I can just give developer
access to people in svn. As long as I retain some control over what
actually gets released from a gem install perspective, I'm happy to
just set up open access. Just don't go too crazy with checkins, or, if
you want to set up an external system using git instead of svn, make
it easy for me to use and I'm fine with it.