[holy ruby programmers batman!] svn access / next release

Giles Bowkett gilesb at gmail.com
Wed Jan 2 02:27:03 EST 2008

I'm going to see if I can open up svn access so people can just commit
changes instead of sending me patches. That's one thing that's been
really slowing things down.

I'm going to edit your changes to make them conform to my expectations
of how an API should look -- like I changed Markus' code to use an
equipped? method instead of a constant -- but if you're cool with
that, you can go ahead and commit just about anything, I think. It's a
small group on here and I'm sure RubyForge probably allows me to give
you commit rights while reserving release rights for myself. That'd be
a lot tidier than the way things are happening here now.

In terms of the next release, all I really need is the equipper, and
that's 90% done, there were just some minor changes I had to
implement. There's also a half-finished pastie bin and a google which
is supposed to work from within IRB as well as from the command line.
Long story short I think we can do a release next week. The equipper
is actually a huge boost in usefulness because it makes using parts of
UB in non-IRB code easy, and it makes isolating bugs much, much easier
than before.