[holy ruby programmers batman!] ConvertableToFile

Giles Bowkett gilesb at gmail.com
Fri Feb 22 13:21:09 EST 2008

On my list of ideas to play with is integrating some of the code from
Adam Wiggins' Ruby shell rush:

http://rush.heroku.com/

I used to work for Adam and he's wicked smart. From what I've seen
Rush can currently only handle file operations, filesystem navigation,
and process management, which is a subset of required functionality
for a shell, but a tremendous increase in power for Utility Belt. I
haven't had time to fully get into it but I think it'll make a lot of
sense for Utility Belt to set up Rush as a dependency and integrate
some of its functionality.

I just had a nasty flu from hell but I'm thinking UB should release
with its package management stuff real soon and then go about
integrating Rush and eventually a Lisp.

Anyway I think this is a cool addition. I didn't get it from the
e-mail or the tweet but looking at the code, that's fucking sick.
You're piping Object to diff? That's insane. You need help. I mean
that in a good way. And since it's using Tempfile, the files are
automatically "garbage collected" in a sense, yah?