[holy ruby programmers batman!] git/svn/patches?

Giles Bowkett gilesb at gmail.com
Mon Dec 31 17:32:43 EST 2007

> At this point I'll just be happy if I can get my specs to work for
> you, as an aid in that.  ;) And since it took a bit of work for me to
> get my rspec-fu up to speed for mocking out stuff enough to write them
> I really want to make them work.

Well, I got good news for you, mostly. They all work, except for one thing:

/opt/local/lib/ruby/gems/1.8/gems/Platform-0.4.0/lib/platform.rb:64:
warning: already initialized constant IMPL

I think I moved around the requires a bit when I integrated Markus'
patch, although I made some changes to it and the whole thing's kind
of in bits at the moment.

Yep - just took another look at the source. Everything in the specs
works, except now the platform require occurs inside of pastie, as all
the requires were moved out of the main UB file and into the
individual files for the equipper code. So that would mean the code,
as you sent it, worked, but with the require moved, there's a slight
mismatch.

btw I saw your note about Linux/Windows being safer now, there's
actually no *sane* reason this code couldn't accomodate non-Mac
platforms with grace, I just got lazy. The good news is I'm home today
and tomorrow, and I have no plans tonight; the bad news is that all
those things are true because I have a cold. So I do have some time,
technically speaking, but realistically I'm going to be sleeping a
lot.