[holy ruby programmers batman!] git/svn/patches?

Tim Connor timocratic at gmail.com
Mon Dec 31 15:44:09 EST 2007

On Dec 31, 2007 12:33 PM, Giles Bowkett <gilesb at gmail.com> wrote:
> btw one of the things I started but haven't finished yet for the next
> UB release is pastie as a command-line widget as well as an IRB one.
> combining that with the ability to take strings as an arg could make
> for a pretty useful tool, and would actually also provide a pretty
> logical reason to add args for choosing which language to post as
> (currently everything gets posted as Ruby by default).

Sounds pretty cool. Yeah once you can accept strings of some sort, it
opens the door for all that Unixy approach (piping, taking in a
stream/file, etc).  It could blur the line a little between irb and
running a .rb from the unix shell (for example piping the output of an
.rb file to pastie).  Of course, if you just get into Quicksilver
enough you might consider that redundant (I don't use it anymore, but
it is pretty powerful for that sort of thing).

At this point I'll just be happy if I can get my specs to work for
you, as an aid in that.  ;) And since it took a bit of work for me to
get my rspec-fu up to speed for mocking out stuff enough to write them
I really want to make them work.