[holy ruby programmers batman!] git/svn/patches?

Tim Connor timocratic at gmail.com
Sat Dec 15 21:28:32 EST 2007

Here is the pastie bit - might as well break it down into two pieces.
Also, I fully fleshed out the specs for pastie before adding my little
change, so I am toast for now - nothing like 80+ lines of specs for a
23 character change.

This should also work as an example for how to spec/mock the editor
piece.  It's way easier to deal with if you fully qualify the system
calls with Kernel.system, btw (that took some head beating against
desk until some caboose chaps gave the key tip).  Of course, it would
have been even easier if Pastie was a full fleshed out module/class
(something to keep in mind for avoiding the namespace issues for
edit), but the first full spec out was definitely not the time to
consider trying to re-architect against the project owner's wishes ;).