[Umlaut-general] Error with initial configuration

Poulter, Dale dale.poulter at Vanderbilt.Edu
Mon Nov 24 15:45:38 EST 2008

Jonathan,

Sounds great,  I'll look forward to doing a fresh install tomorrow.
Thanks for all of your work!

--Dale

---------------------------------------
Dale Poulter
Automation Coordinator
Library Information Technology Services
Vanderbilt University
Suite 700
110 21st Avenue South
Nashville, TN  37240
(615)343-5388
(615)343-8834 (fax)
(615)207-9705 (cell)
dale.poulter at vanderbilt.edu

-----Original Message-----
From: umlaut-general-bounces at rubyforge.org
[mailto:umlaut-general-bounces at rubyforge.org] On Behalf Of Jonathan
Rochkind
Sent: Monday, November 24, 2008 2:42 PM
To: umlaut-general at rubyforge.org
Subject: Re: [Umlaut-general] Error with initial configuration

How very very weird. Yes, it would be better to wait until tommorow,
when I should have the new version committed to trunk. Let's cross our
fingers and hope that that fixes it, otherwise it'll be mysterious.

I need to write configuration instructions for the new version too, but
the summary is that instead of adding lots of config in
umlaut_config/environment.rb, you will add it to several files inside of

umlaut_config/initializers/umlaut.

I hestitate to tell you this, since it sounds like you didn't already
realize it, but nobody else has an active installation of Umlaut except
for me at the moment, so far as I am aware.   So the only "people" that
will install the newer version are you and me, right now. :)  But I will

be upgrading my own live production copy to the newer version today or
tommorow, yeah.

Jonathan

Poulter, Dale wrote:
> Jonathan,
>
> Bugs always happen.  I do have the mysql gem v2.7 installed (see
output
> below).  Since you are almost done with moving to rails2, would it be
> better to wait a day or two and try the new version?  I would assume
> that people will attempt to install the newer version.
>
> bash-3.00# gem list mysql
>
> *** LOCAL GEMS ***
>
> mysql (2.7)
>
> --Dale
>
> ---------------------------------------
> Dale Poulter
> Automation Coordinator
> Library Information Technology Services
> Vanderbilt University
> Suite 700
> 110 21st Avenue South
> Nashville, TN  37240
> (615)343-5388
> (615)343-8834 (fax)
> (615)207-9705 (cell)
> dale.poulter at vanderbilt.edu

It

>> may be that 5.x is required, do you have 4.x instead?
>>
>> Jonathan
>>
>> Poulter, Dale wrote:
>>

>>> Jonathan,
>>>
>>> Regretfully, the problem persists after dropping and recreating the
>>> databases.
>>>

>>> .... == AddSomeMissingStuff: migrating
>>> =============================================
>>> -- add_index(:service_types, :service_type_value_id)
>>>    -> 0.0757s
>>> -- change_column(:dispatched_services, :status, :string,
>>>

>> {:null=>false})
>>

>>>    -> 0.0777s
>>> -- rename_column(:dispatched_services, :exception, :exception_info)
>>> rake aborted!
>>> Mysql::Error: You have an error in your SQL syntax; check the manual
>>> that corresponds to your MySQL server version for the right syntax
>>> use near '' at line 1: ALTER TABLE dispatched_services CHANGE
>>>

>> exception
>>

>>> exception_info
>>>
>>> (See full trace by running task with --trace)
>>>

>>> FYI:
>>> mysql --version
>>> mysql  Ver 14.12 Distrib 5.0.51b, for sun-solaris2.10 (sparc) using
>>> EditLine wrapper
>>>

>>> --Dale
>>>
>>> ---------------------------------------
>>> Dale Poulter