[Umlaut-general] Error with initial configuration

Jonathan Rochkind rochkind at jhu.edu
Mon Nov 24 12:00:10 EST 2008

Hmm, this is still kind of mysterious to me, Dale. Did you try to go in
and manually remove any tables in your MySQL in between your first
installation attempt and your second?  That you removed some things but
not all is the only explanation I can think of for the error you're
seeing, which I can't duplicate. Maybe you removed all tables, but
didn't remove any indexes, or something?

You shouldn't actually need to re-execute ALL initial setup after an
'svn up', but you should in fact run "rake db:migrate" as you did--and
ordinarily it shouldn't give you any error.

I'd recommend dropping the entire database you are using (that you set
in umlaut_config/databases.yml), recreating the entire database from
scratch, and then re-running "rake db:migrate".  That should take care
of it, and hopefully it won't re-occur. If it does, I'll have to figure
it out.

Jonathan