[TZInfo-users] Bug with UTC and system time

Peter Hamilton peterghamilton at gmail.com
Fri Jan 10 19:47:29 UTC 2014

I opened a ticket at https://github.com/tzinfo/tzinfo/issues/13

The fix is easy, but I'm having a hard time writing a test for it.

So far, other than the system being set to UTC, I can't seem to produce a
time object like the one I show in the ticket.

Is there any way to create a Time object with an arbitrary time zone? It is
my understanding that the time is either local or UTC, so the answer to my
question is no (which is why tzinfo exists right?).

If we can only create local or UTC objects, is there a way to ensure the
local object thinks the time zone is UTC?

Any other ideas for testing this?