[TZInfo-users] I'd rather not be AmbiguousTime

Kurt Werle kurt at circlew.org
Mon Jun 20 13:22:35 EDT 2011

I use several 3rd party gems (ri_cal and others) that can generate
times for me.  These libraries sometimes wander into AmbiguousTimes -
when they are generating repeat events, for example.

I would rather not have to worry about AmbiguousTimes, ever.  It seems
like a simple solution is to provide a default for the dst value that
is passed in when generating local times.  To this end, I have
attached the included patch file, complete with tests.

Timezone.default_dst= true/false[/nil]

I hope it can be integrated into tzinfo in the near future.

kurt at CircleW.org