[TZInfo-users] DateTime.new! removal from ruby-core

Philip Ross phil.ross at gmail.com
Sat Jun 11 21:22:34 EDT 2011

On 6 June 2011 22:12, Philip Ross <phil.ross at gmail.com> wrote:

>> When I run with 1.9.3dev, I get this:
>>
>>    /Users/aaron/svn/tzinfo/tzinfo/lib/tzinfo/ruby_core_support.rb:63:in `jd': invalid fraction (ArgumentError)
>>            from /Users/aaron/svn/tzinfo/tzinfo/lib/tzinfo/ruby_core_support.rb:63:in `datetime_new!'
>>            from test.rb:5:in `<main>'
>
> I think this is being caused by a bug in Ruby's date library,
> introduced in revision 31862, that prevents more than one argument
> from being passed to DateTime.jd.

This is apparently not a bug in Ruby, but a change in the behaviour of
the DateTime.jd method. DateTime.jd will no longer accept a fractional
Julian Day number if any of the subsequent parameters are specified.

I've made a change in svn (revisions 314 and 316 in the 0.3 branch) to
support the new behaviour of the DateTime.jd method. This will be
included in the next TZInfo release.

Kind regards,

Phil