[TZInfo-users] DateTime.new! removal from ruby-core

Philip Ross phil.ross at gmail.com
Mon Jun 6 17:12:53 EDT 2011

Hi Aaron,

On 6 June 2011 18:28, Aaron Patterson <aaron at tenderlovemaking.com> wrote:
> I filed a ticket a while back about DateTime.new! being removed from
> ruby-core.  It looks like that was fixed, and replaced with using
> DateTime.jd (thanks!)

Yes, I changed the code to fall-back to using DateTime.jd if
DateTime.new! is not available.

> When I run with 1.9.3dev, I get this:
>
>    /Users/aaron/svn/tzinfo/tzinfo/lib/tzinfo/ruby_core_support.rb:63:in `jd': invalid fraction (ArgumentError)
>            from /Users/aaron/svn/tzinfo/tzinfo/lib/tzinfo/ruby_core_support.rb:63:in `datetime_new!'
>            from test.rb:5:in `<main>'

I think this is being caused by a bug in Ruby's date library,
introduced in revision 31862, that prevents more than one argument
from being passed to DateTime.jd. I've raised this issue in RedMine as
bug #4848.

http://redmine.ruby-lang.org/issues/4848

Kind regards,

Phil