[TZInfo-users] TZ Info updates

Philip Ross phil.ross at gmail.com
Sat Jan 15 08:26:29 EST 2011

Hi Thomas,

On 14 January 2011 12:35, Thomas A. Moulton <tom at moulton.us> wrote:
> The readme says
> The tz database has been imported (using TZDataParser) and turned into a set
> of Ruby modules (which are packaged with this release).
> ----
> When the TZ Database changes will I automatically be updated?

TZInfo does not automatically update the tz data.

Updates to the tz database are published several times a year. New
versions of tzinfo are released following releases of the tz database
that contain the new tz data. To get the updates you'll have to either
update the tzinfo gem or download the changes manually from RubyForge
or the svn repository.

> I am running in a process that runs "all" the time, is there a function to
> cause the current data to be discarded so it will be reloaded from the
> online database?

No, TZInfo doesn't include any support for downloading updated data or
reloading the local data module files.

Kind regards,

Phil