[TZInfo-users] tzinfo VERSION

Philip Ross phil.ross at gmail.com
Thu Aug 5 08:38:57 EDT 2010

Hi Tim,

On 5 August 2010 11:02, Tim Diggins <tim at red56.co.uk> wrote:

> I'd like to be able to determine programmatically which version of tzinfo (and ideally also the version of the tz database, though this can be looked up in the tzinfo readme) the web page is using.

There isn't anything in TZInfo that will return either the tzinfo
version number or the tz database version. However, if you are using
the gem, then you can ask RubyGems for the loaded version:

Gem.loaded_specs['tzinfo'].version.to_s

> Ideally a TZInfo::VERSION would be ideal, and maybe a TZInfo::VERSION_COMMENT (for info about the tz database similar to what's in the README). I can roughly see how I might add this to the Rakefile -- if I could do such a patch, would you be interested in it folding it in to your release process?

I'd be happy to accept a patch to add this functionality.

Regards,

Phil