[TZInfo-users] tzinfo VERSION

Tim Diggins tim at red56.co.uk
Thu Aug 5 06:02:30 EDT 2010

Hi Philip / tzinfo-users

I've been using tzinfo for a few years within permatime.com, many thanks (again) for the excellent work.

I'd like to be able to determine programmatically which version of tzinfo (and ideally also the version of the tz database, though this can be looked up in the tzinfo readme) the web page is using.

Is there an obvious way of doing this that I'm missing?

Ideally a TZInfo::VERSION would be ideal, and maybe a TZInfo::VERSION_COMMENT (for info about the tz database similar to what's in the README). I can roughly see how I might add this to the Rakefile -- if I could do such a patch, would you be interested in it folding it in to your release process?

all the best

Tim

Tim Diggins
http://red56.co.uk