[TZInfo-users] Interest in a tzdata update?

Philip Ross phil.ross at gmail.com
Wed Aug 19 05:07:31 EDT 2009

2009/8/18 Matt Sanford <mzsanford at gmail.com>:
>    I'm interested in updating the tzinfo gem to use the latest tzdata file.
> Would it be possible to have me (mzsanford) added as a developer on the
> project?

Hi Matt,

The svn tree (the v0.3.x branch:
http://tzinfo.rubyforge.org/svn/branches/0.3/) is already updated with
the latest tzdata release (2009l). The notes with the 2009l release
indicated that they may be another tzdata update shortly, so I was
waiting to see if that materialized before releasing a tzinfo update.

Since the 2009l update makes an immediate change for Egypt, I'll
release a new tzinfo gem later today.

I usually update svn with new tzdata releases within about a day of
them becoming available. I currently only release tzinfo when there
are significant changes.

I'm planning to split the code and data aspects of tzinfo into
separate gems. Once this is done, I'll look at automating releases of
tzinfo data every time tzdata is released.

Phil Ross