[TZInfo-users] GMT definitions

Philip Ross phil.ross at gmail.com
Wed Apr 16 05:12:46 EDT 2008

Hi,

On 16/04/2008, Gianpaolo D'Ambra <gpdambra at gmail.com> wrote:
> Hi to everybody! My problem with tzinfo is about definitions. If I choose
> from my select list Content and city name like "Europe - Athens" (list value
> "Europe/Athens") everything works fine, but If I choose somenthig like
> "(GMT+02:00) Athens" (so the list value "Athens") my app gives this error
> when it try to define the timezone:
>
> no such file to load -- tzinfo/definitions/Athens

'Athens' isn't a valid timezone identifier. If you're using TZInfo
directly, you'll need to use the actual identifier, 'Europe/Athens' in
this case.

What are you using to display the list of timezones for selection? You
should be able to arrange to display strings like '(GMT+02:00) Athens'
but have the value of the associated timezone identifier
('Europe/Athens').

Regards,

Phil

--