[TZInfo-users] has_timezone, a plugin on top of TZInfo

Matthew Moore m3moore at gmail.com
Sat Nov 24 19:59:20 EST 2007

Hello All,
I hope you had a great Thanksgiving!

I was hoping to get your feedback on our new plugin we're calling
timezone_fu that works on top of TZInfo, and lets you do elegant
timezone conversions from the model, like:

  class Event < ActiveRecord::Base
    has_timezone :fields => [ :start_datetime, :end_datetime]

We'd love your thoughts and constructive criticism!

Note: thanks to Phil, I do want to call out that this is slightly
different from TzTime which changes all times according to the
authenticated user.

Matthew Moore
Co-Founder of ThriveSmart