[TZInfo-users] Using TZ to convert to EST

John Sheahan johnsheahan at charter.net
Tue Nov 13 09:01:28 EST 2007

Thanks alot for pointing me in the right direction, Philip.
Your explaination caused me to look hard at my Timezone.get statement and
found that I was missing the _ between New and York.
Once I fixed this, I am now getting time on my view, however, it is still in
UTC.

Here's my code that is giving me UTC:
tz = TZInfo::Timezone.get('America/New_York')
@local = tz.utc_to_local(tz.now)

My service provider that my server is in is giving me Mountain Time, now
that I have been able to change this to UTC, How can I change this to
convert the UTC time to EST?

Thanks

John