[TZInfo-users] selection of select popup based on browser timezone?

Sanjay Vakil svakil at gmail.com
Thu Jun 15 12:04:09 EDT 2006

First off, thanks so much for doing this.  It just dropped in.  It
made me happy in the way that ruby itself does.

My question is:

I'm using this line to create my selection popup

<%= time_zone_select 'user', 'time_zone',
     TZInfo::Timezone.us_zones, :model => TZInfo::Timezone %>

Is there some clever way to have it default (if otherwise unset) the
the TZ reported by the browser?  I know that there is javascript out
there to grab the TZ info (or at least an offset).  it'd be slick if
the top n entries corresponded to possible (correct) timezones.

cheers,
sanjay

--
The world tends to work out for me.  I try to give it reason to.