[TZInfo-announce] TZInfo v0.2.0 Released
philip at ross.org.uk
Mon Apr 3 16:27:50 EDT 2006
Version 0.2.0 of TZInfo has been released (based on version 2006c of the
underlying tz data).
GEM, zip and tar.gz files can be found at
http://rubyforge.org/frs/?group_id=894. You can use 'gem update' to
upgrade if you already have tzinfo installed.
Changes in this release:
* Timestamps are used rather than DateTime objects in zone files for
times between 1970 and 2037 (the range of Time).
* Passed in Time objects are not converted to DateTime unless leaving
the range of a Time. This provides a substantial performance improvement).
* Integer timestamps (time in seconds since 1970-1-1) can now be used as
well as Time and DateTime objects in all public methods that take times
* A new tool has been committed to the TZInfo SVN repository to compare
TZInfo conversions with output from zdump.
* The TZDataParser zone generation algorithm has been rewritten. It is
now based on the zic code. TZInfo is now 100% compatible with zic/zdump
* The Riyadh Solar Time zones are now included again (the generation
time has been reduced with the changes to TZDataParser).
* Binary mode is now used when writing zone and country files to get
Unix (\n) new lines.
* Unnecessary quotes in zone identifier symbols are now omitted.
* The final transition to DST is now omitted in zone classes if there is
a prior transition in the last year processed to standard time.
* The version of the tzdata has now been updated to 2006c
http://tzinfo.rubyforge.org/ -- DST-aware timezone library for Ruby
More information about the TZInfo-announce