[typo] 2014 Video converter Mac:Convert Canon C500 C300 2k 120fps footage from DPX to ProRes

vipchen yingsoft ruby-forum-incoming at andreas-s.net
Wed Jan 8 03:27:51 UTC 2014

I'm trying to convert 2k 120fps footage shot on a Canon C500 C300 to
dual Gemini 444 recorders from MXF DPX to ProRes. I've tried Davinci
Resolve Lite, After Effects (CS5) and Color, but none of them seem to
work. I copied the footage from the Gemini's SSD cards using the
supplied card reader, combined the footage using their merging software.
I believe the next step is to take it into, from what I've heard,
Davinci Resolve, in order to output a ProRes HQ. When I bring in the
footage to Davinci Resolve, the clip is recognized, but only a black
clip shows up. After Effects gives me the following error: After Effects
warning: reading clip past end of frame. Color goes through the effort
of creating a database, but then nothing is imported. Obviously
something is up.

I posted in forum to look for solution to convert C500 2k 120fps MXF
footage to ProRes. And luckily, some guy introduced Aunsoft Video
Converter for Mac, which is effective and efficient C500 C300 MXF DPX to
ProRes Converter. What beyond my expectation is this program can also
convert AVCHD footage from my C100, as well as common videos.

Below is a step-by-step tutorial to transcode Canon C500 C300 MXF DPX
footage to ProRes. Hope it is helpful!

Step1: Import or drag & drop 2k 120fps footage

You can import raw MXF DPX via clicking "add video"or "add folder" in
the upper corner or just drag it to the program directly. Here it's
better to preview the raw files in the preview window to avoid of no
audio condition.

If you want to merge MXF DPX files, just need to check the "Merge into
one" box.

Transcode C500 2k 120fps from MXF DPX to ProRes is also equipped with
"editor tool" in the main interface. The supported video editing
operations are: trimming, cropping,appending artistic visual effects,
adding watermarks and load subtitles to the videos.

Step 2: Select ProRes 422 as export format

Click "format" and under the FCP menu, you can clearly see native codec
to read MXF DPX footage in FCP, including ProRes 422 and ProRes 444. You
can also directly enter FCP in the search bar, even faster. ProRes 422
HQ is recommended here for offering even greater headroom to preserve
the quality f even the most demanding.

Step 3: Set profile for output ProRes 422 HQ MOV

Before use Canon C500 C300 2k 120fps MXF to ProRes converter, you can
click the "Settings" button to adjust output profile settings. Here your
can adjust bitrates, encode, frame rate, resolution, aspect ratio,
sample rate, channels, etc.

Step 4: Transcode MXF DPX file to ProRes

Click "Conversion" icon to transcode C500 C300 2k 120fps MXF DPX to
ProRes at high speed. With just a click on "Open output folder", you can
locate the export ProRes MOV easily. So now you can easily edit
converted footage with Final Cut Pro.

More useful MXF to ProRes, FCPX Converter articles:

Convert Sony XDCAM MXF to ProRes MOV

Convert P2 MXF to Apple ProRes 422HQ

Convert Sony PMW-EX1R XDCAM MXF to ProRes for FCP X

transcode Canon EOS C300 MXF 25P to ProRes HQ

Convert Panasonic AJ-HPX3700/2700 P2 MXF to MOV

convert/transcode Panasonic HPX300 AVC-Intra100 MXF to FCP X