[typo] Recommendation: Unique Name for Typo (perhaps an Alias)

de Villamil Frédéric frederic at de-villamil.com
Wed Mar 2 08:36:03 EST 2011

Le 1 mars 2011 à 04:18, henry74 a écrit :

> I'm a long time user of Typo and one of the biggest issues I have is searching for things related to the blogging software.  For example - if I want to do a search on Twitter integration with the Typo 6 I get a random assortment of search results which have nothing to do with Typo.
>
> It would be great if there was a unique/alias to reference Typo so we can do better effective searching.  This is probably hindering it coming up as folks look for blogging platforms as well.
>
> Thoughts?

Hello,

First, thank you for using Typo, it's always cool to hear news from our users.

The name "Typo" has always been a cause of trouble. There's a well known PHP CMS called Typo3, Typo stands for typography and so on.

We thought about renaming it at a time (at least 2 or 3 times), but we never made it, at least because renaming a project is a very long and tough task if you want people to be aware of it.

Maybe a solution would be to use typoblog as we do on twitter when tagging our Typo related posts. The other solution would be to write more doc on our website I guess.

Cheers,
Frédéric

--
Frédéric de Villamil
"What's mine is mine. What's yours is still unsetteled" – Go player proverb