[typo] Post not showing up on home page

Jonathan M. Polom s0nic0nslaught at gmail.com
Thu Jul 21 17:29:29 EDT 2011

Frederic: Thanks for getting back with me so quickly. I have to say
typo has awesome support if the main dev responds within two hours to
a mailing list question. Anyway, I just checked the main page from my
browser on a different machine than that from which I was experiencing
problems on and I see the article now. It must have been a cached
page. I figured since it looked like it was loaded via ajax cache
wouldn't have been an issue.

As for the cache clearing step you suggested though, were you
referring to clearing browser cache or some kind of cache for the typo
application? I looked in the typo admin panel under settings and found
no such mention of "cache." Just curious for the future. I assume you
mean browser cache.

Thanks a lot.

On Thu, Jul 21, 2011 at 3:42 PM, Frederic de Villamil
<frederic at de-villamil.com> wrote:
> Le 21 juil. 2011 à 21:25, Jonathan M. Polom a écrit :
>
>> First of all I'm pretty new to the typo blogging platform, so figure
>> that I have no idea how typo works. I've managed to get it setup with
>> thin being proxied through a Cherokee web server but I do not know the
>> ins-and-outs of typo itself.
>>
>> Anyway, I wrote my first article today, created a new category to
>> place it in and published it. I can access and read the article by
>> browsing to the category view but the article doesn't show up on the
>> blog's home page. I have no idea what could be causing this. I thought
>> it would just show up. I know there was a default article that came
>> with the blogging platform after installation but I deleted that
>> article. The article I wrote today was created as a new article.
>>
>> Any help on resolving this is appreciated.
>>

> Hello Jon,
>
> First thank you for using our carefully crafted blogging engine, we're always happy to hear from a new user.
>
> Please, can you login into the admin -> settings -> cache, remove all cache, then go to your blog homepage and hit ctrl+f5 to be sure you're not displaying a cached page.
>
> If this doesn't work, can you:
> –  tell me which typo version and which theme you're using.
> – send me the content of log/production.log when you try to load the homepage
>
> Best regards,
> Frederic
>
> --
> Frédéric de Villamil
> "What's mine is mine. What's yours is still unsetteled" – Go player proverb
> frederic at de-villamil.com                        tel: +33 (0)6 62 19 1337
> http://t37.net                                          Typo : http://typosphere.org

Jon Polom