[typo] [ANN] Release Typo 6.0.3 – Important bugfix

de Villamil Frédéric frederic at de-villamil.com
Tue Feb 1 15:41:32 EST 2011

If you're using any of the Typo 6.0 series, you really should upgrade to 6.0.3 as it fixes a lot of AJAX related bugs. Having a good unit tests coverage is not always enough, and human test are always worth spending the time we didn't have. Hopefully, Fabiano Francesconi has been doing a great work reporting bugs he was falling on tonight while we were fixing them.

The culprit is an outdated, buggy Rails Prototype Legacy Helper plugin. This plugin gathers all the fancy AJAX helpers that were removed from Rails 3. We probably should have done some unobtrusive Javascript instead of using that one, but... Typo 6.0 would probably had never been released at all.

As usual, you can download Typo at http://typosphere.org/stable.tgz or http://typosphere.org/stable.zip.

A few things fixed by Typo 6.0.3:
* Sidebar settings being saved since nothing seemed to happen and the sidebar form would eventually look dead afterwards.
* Comments preview breaking on most legacy themes, including built in Typographic, Scribbish, Dirtylicious and Standard Issue.
* Category drag and drop reorder would not do anything.
* Admin content filtering would render an error.

All the best,
Your Typo team

Frédéric de Villamil
"What's mine is mine. What's yours is still unsetteled" – Go player proverb