[typo] [ANN] Release of Typo 6.0.8 - Bug Fixes

Frederic de Villamil frederic at de-villamil.com
Sat Aug 13 07:53:31 EDT 2011

Being the eighth of the Irving Penn series, this new Typo release comes only 3 days after the latest one, but it fixes a bunch of serious bugs that were discovered while using Typo 6.0.7 in the wild.

As usual you can download Typo 6.0.8 at http://typosphere.org/stable.tgz, and give it a try on our demo site http://demo.typosphere.org.

** Adding per tags and categories templates

Typo is now able to provide a different template according to the category and tag you visit. This is useful for some sites which need such a level of customization. To use them, just add a views/categories/category-permalink.html.erb or a views/categories/category-permalink.html.erb file in your theme. Typo will use that file when displaying this category.

** Bug fixes

Fixes a bug in the meta title generation when displaying an article, a category or a tag.

Fixes the custom tracking field making the site crashing when used.

Fixes a bug on tags removal not working.

** Moving our bug tracker to Github

We've decided to move our bug tracker from Lighthouse to Github. In the past years, Github ticketing system has gained in feature and maturity while Lighthouse has been stalling, not being really convenient to use. This move allows us to centralize our tools in a single place. The new bug reporting place is now https://github.com/fdv/typo/issues

It's been the third release in 11 days, but thanks to all our beta testers, I hope it's the latest bugfix one. We want to thank in alphabetical order Mitch Pirtle, Lars Tobias Skjong-Børsting, Mathieu Poussin and Rhaamo for their bug hunting operation.

Frédéric de Villamil
"What's mine is mine. What's yours is still unsetteled" – Go player proverb